• Thursday, Oct. 20, Beaufort Elementary and Mossy Oaks send home report cards.
• Thursday, Oct. 20, at Beaufort Elementary is also Books, Blankets and Boo Day. Don’t forget about Parent/Teacher Conferences from 4 to 8 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 20, Battery Creek High School Parent/ Teacher Conferences from
4 to 8 p.m.
• Thursday, Oct. 20, Chick-fil-A night at St. Peter Catholic School.
• Friday, Oct. 21, No school for students at Mossy Oaks, St. Peter Catholic and Riverview schools.
• Friday, Oct. 21, Beaufort Academy has a Powder Puff football game at 3:30 p.m. as well as a home game vs Clarendon Hall at 7:30 p.m. It’s also senior night during half time.
• Friday, Oct. 21, Beaufort Elementary Parent/ Teacher Conferences continue from 8 a.m. to 1 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 21, Battery Creek High School Parent/ Teacher Conferences continue from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m.
• Friday, Oct. 21, is St. Peter Catholic School’s annual Mah-Jong Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. in the Walsh Palmetto room.
• Tuesday, Oct. 25, Beaufort Elementary hosts its Celebrations of Achievement.
• Wednesday, Oct. 26, Picture Day at Mossy Elementary School; uniforms required.
Outstanding ROTC performance from Battery Creek High
Battery Creek High School Marine Corp ROTC attended a competition in Summerville last Saturday, October 15. This all-day event included 11 high schools from around the state that competed in multiple events like the Drill Team, Color Guard, Marksmanship/Rifle Team, Unit Personnel Inspection, Academics and Physical Training. BCHS placed first for UPI, third for Rifle team and fifth for their PT team.
DaVinci Days creative arts workshops
Beaufort County School District students in grades 4-8 who have auditioned and been identified as artistically gifted are invited to participate in DaVinci Days 2011. These creative arts workshops are held at two sites, Hilton Head School for Creative Arts and Beaufort Elementary from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. November 2-4. Classes include visual art, art & architecture, theatre, musical theatre, dance and music (kazoos). Instructors are professional artists and master teachers. Registration deadline is October 20. For registration information, contact the Fine Arts Coordinator of Beaufort County School District, Margaret Rushton (email@example.com).
School briefs are compiled by Tess Malijenovsky. To have your school events published, email firstname.lastname@example.org.