• Thursday, Nov. 17, come and enjoy Lady’s Island Middle School’s Literacy Night with the Readers Theaters Performances.
• Thursday, Nov. 17, Beaufort Academy K-6 graders compete for a world record in the 2011 Stack Up Challenge, 12:30 p.m. Also, winter sports’ pictures will be taken after school.
• Thursday, Nov. 17, Mossy Oaks Elementary School will serve up a traditional Thanksgiving meal in the school cafeteria.
• Thursday, Nov. 17, Riverview’s first trimester report cards go home. Also, parents, friends and community members, be sure to check out Riverview’s Empty Bowls and Portfolio Night. In an effort to minimize congestion, they asked that those with last names beginning with A-L arrive at 6 p.m., and those beginning with M-Z arrive at 6:30 p.m.
• Friday, Nov.18, is St. Peter Catholic School’s Homes for the Holidays Gala.
• Friday, Nov. 18, Beaufort Academy 1-4 graders go to see “Guys and Dolls” at USCB, 9 a.m.
• Friday, Nov. 18, is Riverview’s Uniform Free Friday and box top collection day.
• Friday, Nov. 18, is Mossy Oak’s picture make-up day.
• Monday, Nov. 21, Mossy Oak’s Cup Stacking team will hold its first meet in the gym, 6:30 p.m.
• Monday, Nov. 21, St. Peter’s Catholic School’s 20th anniversary T-shirt day.
• Tuesday, Nov. 22, Career Day at Beaufort Elementary School, 8:30-10:30 a.m. Speakers will speak to three or four classes. Each class will be approximately 15 minutes in length.
• Tuesday, Nov. 22, Beaufort Academy first and second graders will perform the 16th annual Thanksgiving Play, 2 p.m.
• Wednesday, Nov. 23, begins Thanksgiving Break.
STAR students at Beaufort Elementary School
Representative Shannon Erickson will be joining Beaufort Elementary School’s STAR students for lunch on December 16. The art classes are rewarded for good behavior with STAR “shells.” The STAR program invites community members to have lunch with the most well behaved art classes based on the number of “shells” earned. If you would like to recommend a special guest to join our STAR students for a lunch, please send the name to Deb Manyin, Spanish Teacher.
Visit to state park for poetry inspiration
Mrs. Samuel’s class from Lady’s Island Elementary School made a special trip touring the salt marsh at Hunting Island State Park where the children drew upon their natural surroundings for inspiration to write poems and draw pictures. The class is participating in the River of Words project, in which they integrate science, poetry and visual arts.
Mayor reads aloud at Broad River Elementary
First grade students at Broad River Elementary were treated to a read-aloud by Mayor Billy Keyserling of his book, “The Pink Dolphin.” Mrs. Constance Goodwine-Lewis was presented a copy of the book for the media center.
Riverview Board of Directors Nominations
Don’t forget to nominate people you believe to be an asset to Riverview and the Board of Directors. Be sure to take the time to learn where the board’s work is heading in the coming year, and what talents might help the school continue to build on its firm foundations. Contact Riverview for a nomination form and/or informational packet regarding the school’s nominating and elections process, as well as a timeline of important dates.
Way to represent BCHS MCJROTC!
Congratulations to Battery Creek High School’s Marine Corps JROTC who placed in every event they competed in and won first place Over-All Award at the
Nov. 12 Drill Team Meet at
Hilton Head High School.
Beaufort Academy Quiz Bowl Team places 2nd at Regionals
Congratulations to the BA High School Quiz Bowl Team for placing second at the Regional Tournament held on November 8, at Beaufort Academy. The teams’ next competition will be a tournament held at Wando High School on Saturday, Nov. 19. Coached by Mr. Bill Dalton, team members include Eric Nguyen, Nathan Cheung, Jack Griffith, Caroline Fontenot, Patrick Mazzeo, Katherine Neal, Madeline Griffith, Michael Bible, Eddie Shacklett, and Tommy Fang.
St. Helena Preschool celebrates Veterans Day
Children at the Parish Church of St. Helena Preschool and Kindergarten in downtown Beaufort celebrated Veterans Day with several military fathers who came to class to talk to the students about their role in the armed forces. To honor the guests, the children baked peanut butter cookies, sang “America the Beautiful” and made thank you cards. “Celebrating holidays is part of the social studies curriculum at St. Helena. We like for the children to experience history first hand whenever possible. This is the third year the children have participated in this special Veterans Day activity,” said teacher Joanne Sinisi.
All County Band and Choir
Beaufort High School is proud to announce the students that made the All County Band and the All State Choir. All County Band: Sierra Cole, Ashur Washington, Mikel Hannah-Harding, Kaitlin Miller, Mikalia Buck, Alexis Archer, Johnathan Boulan, Shelby Russell, Allison Crandall and Stephen Mikel. All State Choir: Samantha Crandall, Racquel Cardenas, Amanda Boswell, Reilly Kilpatrick, Hunter Hodges, Jackie Homyk, Zabriel Rivers, Eliott Chucta, Julian Amrine, Olivia Durbin, Colette Kemmann, Shannon Courtney, Rebecca Fisher, Kathleen Bryant, Jacob Woelke, Zach Wells, Wade Brown and Elliott Cappelman.