The Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program provides training to Beaufort County residents to increase self-sufficiency in a disaster. Participants learn skills that will enable them to provide emergency assistance to their families and neighbors.
CERT classes are free of charge and are held at the Technical College of the Lowcountry (Building 23), 921 Ribaut Road, Beaufort.
The course is taught in five class sessions, 6 to 9 p.m.:
• Monday, August 4: Personal Preparedness and Hazard Mitigation
• Wednesday, August 6: Disaster Medical I
• Monday, August 11: Fire Suppression/Disaster Search Techniques
• Wednesday, August 13: Disaster Medical II/CERT Organization
• Saturday, August 16: Disaster Psychology/Terrorism Response and Completion Exercise.
For more information or to register, contact Julie Dimitrov at 843-812-2189 or email email@example.com.