LIBPA welcomes speaker Rob McFee
Rob McFee, the County Director of Engineering and Infrastructure, will be the guest speaker at the Tuesday, November 11 meeting of the Lady’s Island Business and Professional Association which will be held at 8 a.m. in the Beaufort Realtor’s Association headquarters, located behind BB&T on Lady’s Island Drive. The meeting is open to the public.
McFee was raised in Beaufort, graduated from Beaufort High School and earned his Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering from the University of South Carolina. Following graduation from college he joined the South Carolina Department of Highways where he held various positions including Bridge Project Manager, Resident Maintenance Engineer and Resident Construction Engineer. In 2008 he accepted the position of Director of The Beaufort County Engineering and Infrastructure Division which is responsible for engineering, traffic and transportation, disaster recovery, public works, solid waste, building facilities and storm water utility. Of special note is the fact that his division has overseen the planning and execution of the transportation projects which the voters of Beaufort County approved with the collection of $152 million through the use of the a 1% sales tax. He has been requested to include in his discussion the following items:
• Are Beaufort County roads and bridges ready for the next growth surge?
• Strength and weaknesses in the basic infrastructure of Beaufort County.
• Does Beaufort County need another 1% Sales Tax Referendum for infrastructure and if so for what infrastructure?
• Is the Stormwater utility able to accomplish the objectives for which it was formed?
• Steps necessary to cope with the increasing cost of solid waste collection and disposal.
Closings for county convenience centers
Operating hours for county convenience centers may vary in November.
• Tuesday, November 11, Veterans Day: All Convenience Centers closed.
• All convenience centers closed Wednesday, November 12, per regular schedule.
• All convenience centers will reopen Thursday, November 13.
• Thursday, November 27, Thanksgiving Day, all convenience centers closed.
• Also closed Friday, November 28, Heritage Day.
All convenience centers will be operating according to each center’s regular schedule.
For questions about the change in operating hours, please call the Solid Waste and Recycling office for more information at 843-255-2736 or visit the website at www.bcgov.net/recycle.