County administrator LIBPA guest speaker
Mr. Gary Kubic, Beaufort County Administrator will be the guest speaker for the Lady’s Island Business and Professional Association meeting to be held on Tuesday, April 9 at 8 a.m. at the Beaufort Realtor’s Association Headquarters in the Palmetto Business Park (behind the BB&T Bank) on Lady’s Island Drive. The meeting is open to the public. Mr. Kubic has served as Beaufort County Administrator since 2004. His professional career includes 39 years of experience in government administration. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration from Ohio State University and a Juris Doctor Degree from the University of Akron School of Law, in Akron, Ohio. Specific subjects he has been requested to include in his discussion with our members are:
• What steps have been taken to adjust Beaufort County government to the economic slowdown.
• Have local intergovernmental relations improved since your arrival in Beaufort County?
• Is a second 1% sales tax referendum needed to maintain infrastructure?
• What is the most significant threat to the county?
• What is the best system for promotion of economic development in Beaufort County?
Shooting death still under investigation
The investigation into the shooting death of a man in Burton on Sunday, March 31, continues. Just before 5:30 p.m. yesterday, Sheriff’s deputies responded to the area of Staffwood Lane in reference to an anonymous report of a possible gunshot victim. Upon arrival, deputies located 40-year old Darryl McArthur Greene lying beside a running vehicle on the roadside. Greene had sustained multiple gunshot wounds and was pronounced dead at the scene.
The Sheriff’s Office encourages anyone with information to contact either Investigator Cpl. A. Rice at 843-255-3429 or Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC (274-6372).