Dr. Jeffery Moss will be the guest speaker for the September 10, 2013 meeting of the Lady’s Island Business and Professional Association to be held at 8 a.m. in the Beaufort Realtor’s Association Headquarters located on Lady’s Island Drive (behind BB@T Bank). The meeting is open to the public.
Moss arrived at his new job with 30 years of experience in the field of education starting in Hoke County, North Carolina, where he worked as a teacher, director of vocational and technical education and associate superintendent for curriculum and technology.
His experience as a superintendent includes five years as superintendent of Beaufort County, North Carolina, three years as superintendent of Stanly County, North Carolina and superintendent of the Lee County, North Carolina school district since January 2009 until assuming his present position in June. He holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration with a concentration in accounting from Pembroke State University, a Master’s Degree from North Carolina A&T University and a PhD in Education Administration from South Carolina State University.
Moss has been requested to include in his discussion with LIBPA members the following items:
– First impression of the Beaufort County School District.
– Personal opinion of the Common Core standards.
– Are public funded charter schools a help or a problem to public schools?
– How can the negative impact of poverty on public education be reduced?
– How important to the long term education of a child are pre-kindergarten programs?