• In Beaufort High’s game against Aiken, Clint Wright had 9 tackles, a forced fumble and a tackle for a loss; Ben Vaigneur had 31 yards rushing, 162 yards passing, two touchdown passes and 82% completion percentage; and Thomas Parker has a good game with five receptions for 65 yards.
• At Beaufort Academy, Charlie Humphries had 148 yards rushing on 14 carries and two touchdowns; Reyn Robinson had 158 yards rushing on
10 carries and one touchdown; and Gibson Achurch had 15 solo tackles with one quarterback sack as well as four kickoffs in the endzone that were unreturnable and two other kickoffs for a 12 yard return.
• Battery Creek Senior Willie Doe (#99) earned the team outstanding player award for his unselfish and hard play against Whale Branch in the 13-6 loss this past Friday. Willie stepped in on the offensive line after an injury prevented a teammate from playing. He also played every snap on defense and nearly all special teams. Willie had a key sack late in the second quarter which prevented a potential score by the Warriors that would have put them up by 20 at halftime. Willie’s actions echoed through the team as his teammates rallied hard around him in the second half, falling just a few yards short from a win as time ran out.
• Battery Creek Senior linemen Shakill Gause (#50) earned the team’s outstanding offensive player award for the game vs. Whale Branch this past Friday. Shakill graded out as the top offensive linemen and second highest defensive linemen in the game. He played four positions during the game due to injury. He played guard and tackled on the offensive side of the ball, while playing nose guard and defensive end on the defensive side of the ball. Shakill recorded two tackles and four knockdown blocks during the game.
• Battery Creek Senior defensive back Trevon Heyward (#20) was chosen as the team’s outstanding defensive player for his play against Whale Branch last Friday. Trevon held one of the state’s top receivers to zero catches with his intense man pressure during the game. Trevon’s actions unfortunately ended early as he had to leave the game with a hamstring injury in the second half.