This classic family favorite is made healthier with lean ground turkey and colorful garden vegetables.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 Minutes
Serving Size: 4 servings/2 slices meatloaf
Ingredients For Meatloaf:
2 C assorted vegetables, chopped—such as mushrooms, zucchini, red bell peppers, or spinach
12 oz 99 percent lean ground turkey
• C whole-wheat breadcrumbs (or substitute regular breadcrumbs)
• C fat-free evaporated milk ( Evaporated milk can be kept tightly sealed in the refrigerator for up to 3 days).
• tsp ground black pepper
2 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp fresh chives, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
1 Tbsp fresh parsley, rinsed, dried, and chopped (or 1 tsp dried)
Nonstick cooking spray
1 Tbsp ketchup
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
1. Preheat oven to 350 ºF.
2. Steam or lightly sauté the assortment of vegetables.
3. Combine vegetables and the rest of the meatloaf ingredients in a large bowl. Mix well. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray and spread meatloaf mixture evenly in the pan.
4. Combine all ingredients for glaze. Brush glaze on top of the meatloaf.
5. Bake meatloaf in the oven for 45–50 minutes (to a minimum internal temperature of 165 ºF).
6. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting into eight even slices.
7. Serve two slices on each plate.