This year’s Friends of the Beaufort Library Fall Book Sale will be held September 25th – September 27th at the Henry C. Chambers Waterfront Park in downtown Beaufort. The Book Sale is the main fundraising event held by the Beaufort Friends, with all proceeds going back into the branch libraries to support programming and materials in Beaufort, Lobeco and St. Helena.
On Friday, September 25th, a private 2-hour sale for all members of the Friends will be held from 10:00 a.m.-Noon. Those who are interested in becoming a member can sign up any time before or during the presale at the membership table to gain access to the presale.
The sale will open to the general public on Friday, September 25th from 12:00 – 6:00 p.m., and will reopen on Saturday from 10:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. The book sale will reopen from 12:00 – 4:00 p.m. on Sunday, at which time ALL books and audio-visual items will be half-price, including the Rare and Collectible books.
Included in this years’ sale will be over 100 original editions of Tom Swift & Tom Swift Jr. books coming from one donor, along with numerous golf books from the library of a past Friends board member. The popular Silent Auction will again be conducted during the sale, with bids accepted anytime between 10:00 a.m. on Friday and 4:00 p.m. on Saturday, when bidding closes and all successful bidders present will be able to pay for lots they won.
Some of the highlights of this years’ Silent Auction will be:
· 6-volume 1900 Edition of the Complete Works of Elizabeth Barrett Browning, limited to 1000 numbered, leather-bound sets.
· 7 Early Stephen King novels including his first 3 books, all fine in dust jackets
· 15 leather-bound volumes from the Library of Southern Literature
· Several autographed books by Pat Conroy
· 1968 Deluxe Edition of Alice in Wonderland in slipcase, Illustrated by Peter Newell
· 1915 First American Edition of A Set of Six, by Joseph Conrad
· 1927 10-volume set of The Principal Navigations, Voyages, Traffiques & Discoveries of the English
· Nation, by Richard Hakluyt
· Coffee-Table book of Aviation Art of World War II, by Stillwell
· Lowcountry paintings by Ray Ellis.
· Other Places, a signed copy by Charleston Artist Elizabeth O’Neill Verner’s etchings & pencil drawings
· The Complete National Geographic, 110 Years (1888-1990’S) of National Geographic Magazine on CD-ROM, in a natural wood case with hinged lid.
· Signed copy of Jimmie Buffet’s Margaritaville
For more information, please contact Kinsey Baker at 843-838-0812, email@example.com.