• Robotics with Littlebits: Learn to design and create your own robot with Littlebits and Raspberry Pi kits. Open to ages 11-17, Registration is required, space is limited to first 10 students. June 19-20, 1 to 3 p.m. Contact: 843-255.6547 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Coding in Scratch: Learn how to code a computer in Scratch to create games and functions. Open to ages 11-17, Registration is required, space is limited to first 10 students. June 23-25, from 1 to 3 p.m., St. Helena Branch Library. Contact: 843-255.6547 or email email@example.com.
• MaKey MaKey: Come play with some MaKey MaKey kits to invent tools or useful products. Open to ages 11-17, Registration is required – space is limited to first 10 students. June 26 from 1-3 p.m., St Helena Branch Library. Contact: 843-255.6547 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Photoshop 3D: Learn advanced techniques in Photoshop to make your own character that will be converted into a 3D image. Open to ages 11-17, Registration is required – space is limited to first 10 students. Wednesdays July 2, July 9, July 16, July 23, and July 30 from 3 to 5 p.m., St. Helena Branch Library.
• Maker Monday: Arduinos: Come learn basics electronics in this introductory course on simple circuitry using arduino prototyping boards and arduino programming language. Open to ages 13-17, Limited to first 6 students, registration required. July 7, 5:30 -7:30 p.m. St. Helena Library.
• Engineering Bridges: Come and learn how to design and build bridges with manila folders — bridges will be placed on display. Open to ages 13-17. July 2 and July 9 from 5:30-7:30 p.m.
• Garage Band: Learn how to use the mixing board to create sounds and sound effects for movies. Open to ages 11 to 17. Program is limited to first 20 participants. Friday, July 11. Contact 843-255.6547, email@example.com.
• Water Coloring: Adults can enjoy creating at the library to design their own Watercolor painting. July 15 and 17, from 1 to 3 p.m., St. Helena library.
• 3D Printing of Body Parts — A Lunch and Learn Session: Join Doctors Trusk, Yost, and Kindy from MUSC who will demonstrate the use of the 3D Biofabrication Printer and the advances in medical science. Luncheon platters will be provided , please call to register for this lecture.
Friday, July 18 at 1 p.m.
• Film Making: Learn how to shoot short films using our HD flip cameras. Program is open to ages 8 to 17. Space is limited, registration required. Saturday, July 19 from 2 to 4 p.m. Contact info: 843-255.6547.
• Rube Goldberg Challenge: Love to play with dominos and do you like to make tools? This program is the best of both worlds because you will learn how to create domino effects that produce a chain reaction to make a tool. Great program for groups, call in advance to schedule a day to participate. Monday, July 28; Wed., July 30; Friday, Aug. 1; Tues., Aug 5, and Wednesday, Aug. 6 from 1 to 3 p.m.
St. Helena Branch Library is located at 6355 Jonathan Francis Sr Road; St. Helena Island, SC 29920 All events are free. Find more online at www.beaufortcountylibrary.org.