//

Coronavirus update: Governor reportedly to close SC schools

1 min read

From staff reports

According to a Sunday afternoon report by Meg Kinnard of the Associate Press, South Carolina Gov. Henry McMaster will announce temporary closures for schools across the state as the coronavirus (COVID-19) crisis grows.

McMaster spokesman Brian Symmes confirmed the story to the AP.

Schools will close beginning Monday through the end of March. Food centers will be set up for students reliant on food provided in schools.

Beaufort County School District’s Director of Communications Jim Foster said the county had not received any advance notice, but said, “it’s gonna happen.”

Beaufort County Schools Superintendent Frank Rodriguez had been expected to make an announcement on Sunday regarding school schedules following McMaster’s 4 p.m. press conference.

Beaufort County will carry the press conference live on The County Channel as well as Comcast Ch. 2, Hargray Chs. 9 and 113, and Spectrum Ch. 1304. It will also be shown on www.scetv.org.

Latest from Blog

LETTERS TO THE EDITOR

Woman’s love of Beaufort redeemed I love Beaufort, because of the people. My daughter and I…