The Community Foundation of the Lowcountry recently completed its second of three annual competitive grant cycles and awarded $498,023 to six local organizations.
The grants were awarded to the following organizations:
- Beaufort County Animal Shelter Support Fund received $86,048 for a radiology lab to enable the county to provide x-ray, ultrasound and other necessary diagnostic services at the new county animal campus on Highway 170. This service was previously not available.
- Bluffton Community Center Foundation received $67,000 to support the construction of a shade/picnic pavilion with restrooms and storage next to the new playground at the Field of Dreams Park in Bluffton.
- Bluffton-Jasper County Volunteers in Medicine received $94,420 over two years to support capacity building through staff and technology.
- Heritage Library Foundation received $60,000 over three years to help fund its first ever paid executive director.
- Hilton Head Recreation Association received $100,000 as a challenge “matching” grant and “last dollar in” to fund a state-of-the-art inclusive playground that will serve people of all ages, including both able-bodied and those with disabilities. This playground replaces the one demolished due to expansion of the Rec Center.
- Hopeful Horizons received a grant totaling $90,555 to fund a Grant Manager and Program Evaluation Director position.