Community Foundation of the Lowcountry awarded a $1,000 grant to each of five local nonprofit organizations which were randomly selected from the pool of organizations with completed profiles in the Community Foundation’s online database, The Giving Marketplace.
The five nonprofits are:
- Santa Elena Project Foundation, Beaufort
- Helping Hand Center, Pineland
- First Books of Beaufort, Beaufort
- Love for Therapeutic Riding, Beaufort
- Boys & Girls Club of Hilton Head, Hilton Head Island
The Giving Marketplace, www.cf-lowcountry.org/thegivingmarketplace, is a web-based initiative providing detailed, comprehensive information about 501(c)(3) organizations in Beaufort, Jasper, Hampton and Colleton Counties. It’s an effective tool for donors and funders to use as they make informed giving decisions. Each nonprofit profile includes extensive information about financial, programmatic, operational, governance and management practices.