Beaufort County residents interested in learning more about self-sufficiency during a disaster are invited to participate in the Community Emergency Response Team Program. Participants will learn to provide emergency assistance to their families and neighbors. CERT classes are free of charge. The next series will start Monday, Feb. 11. Classes will be held at the Technical College of the Lowcountry campus in Bluffton, 100 Community College Drive, in room 125.
The course will be taught in four sessions from 6 to 9 p.m. and one Saturday exercise class from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. The schedule is:
- Monday, Feb. 11 – Personal Preparedness and Hazard Mitigation
- Wednesday, Feb. 13 – Disaster Medical I
- Monday, Feb. 18 – Disaster Psychology/Terrorism Response
- Wednesday, Feb. 20 – Disaster Medical II / CERT Organization
- Saturday, Feb. 23 – Fire Suppression /Disaster Search Techniques /Exercise
For more information or to register send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Major David Zeoli, Beaufort County Sheriff’s Office, at 843-812-8035.