Photo above: Co-Chairs of the Gala event: Bennett & Karoline Schiller on the left with Ty & Mark Reichel on the right. They are joined by Andree Lloyd, Community Outreach Director of Friends of Caroline Hospice and her husband Jay in the middle.
By Molly Ingram
The much anticipated Festival of Trees kicked off their 5 day event last Thursday night with a Gala attended by literally hundreds. Beautiful trees, special gifts, everyone looking their best, all make for a great evening. The Festival of Trees benefits Friends of Caroline Hospice, one of Beaufort’s beloved non-profit organizations. The Festival continues a tradition that started twenty-seven years ago when members of the community decided to showcase beautifully decorated trees that are judged for their originality and creativity to benefit a local charity.
Besides shopping for your personal holiday tree, or donating one to a local military family, the Festival offers so much more. Imagine how relaxing it was to enjoy an hour of yoga among the festively lit trees on Saturday morning? Or let the kids play in real snow that had been trucked in on Sunday morning? Thanks Festival of Trees. Now I’m really ready for the holidays to begin!
2015 Festival of Trees Winners
1) “Trannie & Cindy’s Tree”, sponsored by Lulu Burgess, decorated by Nan & Co.
2) “ Home for the Holidays”, sponsored by Bitty’s Florist, decorated by Melissa Florence for Bitty’s, *Also Best Tree Skirt
3) “For God So Loved the World”, sponsored and decorated by Community Bible Church *Also Best Holiday Spirit
1) ” White Christmas”, sponsored and decorated by Sweet Bay * Also Best in Show
2) “Seas & Greetings from the Lowcountry”, sponsored and decorated by Tupper, Grimsley & Dean Law Firm
3) “Let the Good Times Roll”, sponsored and decorated by Jayne Krebs
1) “Hoe Hoe Hoe, Let It Grow”, sponsored and decorated by Beaufort Academy Lower School
2) “In My Christmas Garden”, sponsored by Beaufort Water & Soil Conservation District, decorated by Children in Our Community
3) “Ahoy Matey” Sponsored by Geier Law Firm, decorated by Bridges Preparatory School NJHS
Honorable Mention: “You Can’t Catch Me”, sponsored and decorated by Beaufort Academy Preschool
1) “UNC is a Slam Dunk”, In Honor of Ginny Meeks, sponsored and decorated by Katherine Hefner and Tracey Hines
2) “Spurs & Feathers”, donated by Howell, Gibson, and Hughes PA, decorated by: Lorin Seigel
Most Delightful: “Honoring the Hands of Time” sponsored by Summit Place Assisted Living and Memory Care, decorated by Residents
Best Handcrafted: “Happy as Clams”, sponsored by Low Country Anesthesia, decorated by Riverview 3rd Grade
Best Beaufort Theme: “Lowcountry Christmas”, sponsored and decorated by Beaufort Water Festival
Best in Awareness: “Flying from the Purple World of Alzheimer’s” sponsored and decorated by Alzheimer’s Family Services
Best Representation of a Business: “Sweet Tooth” sponsored and decorated by Dr. Aaron Bliley & Team
Most Pinkalicious: “ Pink PINEapple”, sponsored and decorated by Picklejuice Productions
Most Elegant: “Horse Angels”, In Memory of Horses Tragically Lost Last Christmas, sponsored and decorated by Camelot Farms Equestrian Center
Most Patriotic: “To Those Who Served” sponsored by Lowcountry Real Estate
Best Tree Topper: “In Honor of Charleston Emanuel AME Church Victims”, sponsored by Complete Air
Best Children’s Theme: sponsored and decorated by Palmetto State Bank
Best Tree Honoring Our Military: “Ho Ho Heroes”, In Memory of all Lowcountry Insurance Services’ Friends & Family Members, sponsored and decorated by Lowcountry Insurance Services
Most Colorful: “Flower Power”, sponsored and decorated by Dataw Island Garden Club