• Tuesday, Jan. 29: BA second graders begin swim lessons at the YMCA, twice per week.
• Tuesday, Jan. 29: There will be a Camp Leopold orientation for 5th and 6th graders.
• The BA chess team played in the Golden Isles Chess Association Grand Prix with 120 players from Georgia, Florida and S.C. Beaufort Academy K-3 grade team took first place in the Primary Section by five points. BA Kindergartners Madison McDougall and Grace Simmons played in their first tournament, and won 2 ½ games.
E. C. MONTESSORI
• Thursday, Jan. 31: Open House from 6 to 8 p.m. For toddler through Grade 8.
• Montessori Education Week:
Feb. 25 – March 1
HOLY TRINITY CLASSICAL CHRISTIAN
• Open Enrollment for all new students begins Monday, January 28. Applications will be accepted for Pre-School (PK2 – PK4) and Grammar school (K5 – 6th grade). HTCCS is a private school committed to the pursuit of truth, wisdom, scholastic excellence, and the love of learning. If these are characteristics that you desire for your child’s education, then we invite you to begin our application process. Please call the school at (843) 522-0660 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org with questions or to set up a school tour.
• An Open House is scheduled for Tuesday, February 5 at 6 p.m. Are you interested in a classical Christian education for your child? Do you have questions on what is a classical education and is it right for your family? Holy Trinity offers classes from Pre-school age 2 through sixth grade. Answer your questions with headmaster, Rev. Chad E. Lawrence, meet the teachers and staff, and tour the school. For more information, call 843-522-0660 or e-mail us at email@example.com.
• Holy Trinity Classical Christian School has been received as a Partner Member of the Classical Latin School Association (CLSA).
LADY’S ISLAND MIDDLE
• Thursday, Jan. 24: 5 p.m. Basketball LIMS vs Robert Smalls Middle, away
• Friday, Jan. 25: Report cards go home
• Monday, Jan. 28: Baseball tryouts begin, 4 p.m.
• Tuesday, Jan. 29: Basketball Playoff Higher Seed, 5 p.m.
• Wednesday, Jan. 30: 5th & 6th Grade Celebration of Achievement
• Thursday, Jan. 31: Basketball Championship Higher Seed, 5 p.m.
• Thursday, Jan. 31: 7th Grade Celebration of Achievement. • According to S.C. law, all 8th grade students and their parents must meet with the 8th grade counselor to create the student’s Individual Graduation Plan (IGP). Appointment letters are mailed out 1-2 weeks before; if you cannot make the meeting, please contact guidance at 843-322-3140.
• Return re-enrollment applications to your child’s homeroom teacher before Thursday, January 31 at 6 p.m.
• Applications for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade are now being accepted at Riverview Charter School. Applications will be accepted until 6 p.m. on Thursday, January 31.
Mossy Oaks Elementary School is hosting its Second Chili Cook Off on Friday, Feb. 1 from 6 to 8 p.m. in the school cafeteria. There will be a hoedown dance and silent auction, and attendees dressed in country/Western garb get a free dessert. Chili categories include The Real Deal, Anything Goes, Kickin HOT, Mayor’s Choice and Fan Favorite. Mayor Billy Keyserling will be a guest judge and Steve Curless will be the MC, DJ and auctioneer. Tickets are $3 per person or $12 per family.
• AMES program accepting applications: A popular academic magnet program for high-achieving Beaufort County elementary students interested in math and science is now accepting applications for the 2013-14 school year Interested parents and students can learn more about this curriculum option when both schools hold special informational meetings. Beaufort Elementary School’s two meetings are scheduled for Feb. 6 and 7 at 6 p.m., and Pritchardville Elementary School’s two meetings are scheduled for Feb. 5 and 12 at 6 p.m. AMES is based on rigorous math and science foundational skills taught through the use of science and engineering and technology projects. Eligible students include rising third-, fourth- and fifth-graders in the district’s gifted and talented program. Interested students must complete a 2013-14 application online by March 8. Link to AMES application:
ST. PETER’S CATHOLIC SCHOOL
• Sunday, Jan. 27: Catholic Schools Week – St. Peter’s Catholic School Open House 9 a.m. – noon. 2013 – 2014 enrollment information will be available. Come on by or call 522-2163.
• Thursday, Jan. 31: Home basketball game vs. Saint Gregory the Great girls 6 p.m./ 7 p.m. boys.
OSHER LIFELONG LEARNING INSTITUTE
Registration for the Winter/Spring term is in full swing. Classes begin Monday, January 28 and run through May 3. Registration remains open throughout the term.
With more than 220 courses this term, there is still plenty of opportunity to participate. Whether you take one course or 20, there are pay options that are an incredible value. Registration payment options vary from $12 per course to unlimited participation for $85 per term. Annual membership in OLLI is $40, which includes many valuable benefits including savings on the MET Opera, chamber music concerts, USCB dining, library membership and more.
Send your school happenings to firstname.lastname@example.org.