The Fiber Artists of Beaufort will be holding their annual show and sale at ARTworks from October 3-5. The exhibit will feature work by 11 fiber artists who have created a wide variety of pieces using various techniques such as weaving, spinning, felting, dying, fabric painting, embroidery and beading. Whether wall art, baskets, gift items or handmade clothing, each piece is one of a kind. The pieces that are on display and for sale range from caps and sweaters for infants, to large wall hangings and rugs, and everything in between.
To kick off the event, there will be an opening reception on Friday, Oct. 3 from 5 to 8 p.m., which is open to the public. Attendees will be able to meet the artists and have first pick of the items. The show continues on Saturday, Oct. 4 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Sunday, Oct. 5 from noon to 4 p.m.
A new component of the show this year will be live demonstrations of various techniques that will occur throughout the day on Saturday and Sunday. The schedule is as follows:
Saturday, October 4
• 1 p.m.: Beading on Knitting by Eileen Berchem
• 1:45 p.m.: Spinning Yarn on a Spinning Wheel by Wendy Avery
• 2:30 p.m.: Needle Felting Magic by Margo Duke
• 3:15 p.m.: Beading on Scarves by Linda Patalive
• 4 p.m.: Silk Painting by Cynthia Zeiss
Sunday, October 5
• Noon: Weaving on a Small Loom by Laurie Lovell
• 12:45 p.m.: Screen Printing on Silk by Barbara James
• 1:30 p.m.: Basketry by Kim Keats
• 2:15 p.m.: Contemporary Rug Hooking by Andrea Stern
• 3 p.m.: Free Style Embroidery by Barbara Cordio.
ARTworks is located in Beaufort Town Center, 2127 Boundary Street in Beaufort, SC. For more information, call 843-379-2787.