Leadership project ideas are sought
The Junior Leadership Class of 2017 is seeking input from the community for its annual service project.
Do you have an idea? The project should follow these guidelines:
• Must be worked on as a group
• Must be performed in Beaufort County
• Benefit the community
• Be completed by May 2017
• In-kind donations and community collaboration accepted
• Non-political events only
• Have elements involved to strengthen the students’ communication organization, cooperation and consensus building skills.
If you know of a need in the community, submit your idea by filling out a form from the chamber before Thursday, Sept. 15. The Junior Leadership program is a year-long service learning program sponsored by the Hilton Head Island-Bluffton Chamber of Commerce. There are 40 students from six southern Beaufort County schools participating. Email Hannah Horne at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chamber offers networking event
The Beaufort Regional Chamber of Commerce is holding Coffee with Colleagues from 8:30-9:30 a.m. Friday, Sept. 16, at Weidner, Wegmann & Harper Law Firm. There will be networking and attendees are encouraged to bring their business cards. There will also be coffee and other goodies. For more information, visit www.beaufortchamber.org.