Are you looking for a perfect holiday gift? Look no further than the ABLE Foundation’s 6th annual commemorative ornament, on sale now. Each year the ornament has a Lowcountry theme; this year’s ornament features a starfish.
The nonprofit ABLE Foundation supports services and programs assisting individuals with special needs. In recent years, ABLE’s efforts have gone toward funding a summer camp, called Camp Treasure Chest, for children of all ages with special needs. In the absence of Camp Treasure Chest, these children would likely not have a summer camp experience. Funds from the state for summer services have been virtually eliminated, and the camp is almost solely supported through local fundraising and grants.
All proceeds from the sale of ornaments — which can also be used as medallions — go to support Camp Treasure Chest.
Ornaments are available at several locations in the greater Beaufort area, including:
• Smiles by Wyles Dentistry, 27A Kemmerlin Lane, Lady’s Island
• Budget Print, 510 Carteret Street, Beaufort
• New Image Salon, 1615 Paris Avenue, Port Royal
• Herban Marketplace, 1211 Newcastle Street, Beaufort
• Technical College of the Lowcountry (TCL), Enrollment Services Office, Coleman Hall, Building 2, 921 Ribaut Road, Beaufort
• Dawn Frank, CPA, 572 Sea Island Parkway, St. Helena Island
• Lulu Burgess, 917 Bay Street, Suite E, Beaufort
• Mango’s Fine Island Gifts and Apparel, 1 Tarpon Boulevard, Suite 103, Fripp Island
• Offices of Disabilities and Special Needs Dept., 100 Clear Water Way, Beaufort
A limited number of ornaments from prior years are available from the Office of Disabilities and Special Needs. Contact ABLE at 255-6300.